A properly working air conditioning system is a godsend whenever the summer heat kicks in. Other than the comfort it brings to your property, it improves the quality of air you breathe, which is beneficial to your health.
Here are a few air conditioning maintenance tips that will help get your system in peak condition before the summer:
- Clean and replace the air filters. Cleaning the air filters helps to reduce dust and debris that have been accumulating in your system. This will allow clean air to flow in and out of your living spaces seamlessly. Alternatively, replacing worn-out or overused air filters will help prevent the system from overworking, minimizing the possibility of a breakdown.
- Cleaning the condenser coils. Clean condenser coils will enable your air conditioner to remove the summer heat from the air more efficiently. This will give you a cooler space, besides lowering your overall energy bill.
- Ensure the outdoor unit area is clear. It is important to keep the area around your outdoor HVAC unit free of debris, plants, and weeds that can block airflow. Obstructions can prevent your AC from working properly, especially during summer, when the cooling demand is at its highest.
- Protect your air conditioner with a warranty. It is possible to follow all the air conditioning maintenance recommendations and still have a broken system due to problems that are beyond your control. Therefore, it’s advisable to have your HVAC system covered with a warranty that can cover unforeseen repairs if the need arises.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance with a Professional- Lastly, you should hire a reputable air conditioning maintenance professional to handle these tasks on your behalf. At Humphrey Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we’ll be sure to perform every essential maintenance task that will leave your unit in excellent working condition through the summer. Get in touch with us today.